Monday 26 July 2010

Some stuff related to queue-length-based scheduling for wireless networks

I discussed with my friend yesterday about the implementation of the queue-length-based scheduling for the CSMA networks. We thought that the theoretical side is somewhat mature and it's about time to look into practice.

It turned out somebody has done that. I actually thought that the implementation is quite trivial. I did a similar implementation before. I even implemented a more complicated one. The question for this kind of implementation work is really about the gap between theory and practice.

At the end of the day, it's kinda interesting that my friend, who has been working on theoretical stuff, eventually cares about some practical stuff.

Here are some related paper he sent to me.
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ljiang/ToN_CSMA.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment